Measure is the nation’s leading Drone as a Service® company. We provide turnkey solutions to acquire, process, and deliver actionable aerial data to enterprise customers. Measure leverages best-in-class technology to outfit its fleet of drones and highly trained pilots to perform operations that are without exception safe, legal, and insured. We employ a team of dedicated data engineers to ensure that the data products being delivered to our customers provide intelligence that adds value to their business. We don’t make drones. We make drones work.
Experiencing rapid growth, we are seeking a market analyst to be our ‘go-to information source’ for everything pertaining to the market including but not limited to; our competitors, verticals, product, customers, buyers, trends, pricing, etc. This role will capture, aggregate and synthesize key insights, research, and analysis from external and internal sources. With a ‘connect-the-dots mindset,’ this role will quickly become an expert on our product offerings and capabilities, company functions and operations, and customers. This role works in close cooperation with other teams at our company; subject matter experts, our verticals, technical development and sales, to gain firsthand accounts of internal knowledge and intel to further influence analysis. This role’s function will support the development of market strategy, go-to-market outreach materials, messaging and targeting. This role directly reports to the Director of Marketing and Communications.
- Develop the following on a routine basis; SWOT analyses, gap analyses, win-loss analyses, competitor and market analyses, buyer requirements and use cases, product enhancements, product differentiators.
- Through interpretation of quantitative and qualitative market intelligence, become the expert on our buyers; how they buy, their buying criteria specific to who they are and their job responsibilities to help craft the “why”.
- Survey the audience (customers and potential buyers) to gain firsthand accounts of needs and requirements in a rapidly growing industry. Work cross-functionally to identify relevant survey questions on an on-going basis. Implement various research methodologies such as telephone/web surveys and in-depth interviews with industry vertical leads and product development.
- Construct buyer personas including pain points/challenges, needs, and value propositions in support of market strategy, product development and product marketing.
- Gather and analyze market insights, industry trends, customer information, product information and vertical preferences from multiple sources.
- Prepare reports to visually present the data and insights to various stakeholders.
- Become the expert on our competition; What they’re saying, how they’re saying it, why they’re saying it, and competitive product offerings/capabilities, pricing, packaging, and positioning in the market.
- Aggregate all insights and analysis pertaining to market demand; to make suggestions on viable opportunities to consider going after; where gaps in the market and internal capabilities intersect.
- Collaborate with other team members to support go-to-market outreach, using market insights to support positioning and value propositions in digital campaigns content development, case studies and customer testimonials.
- Be in the know on news and headlines pertaining to our industry and customer verticals to provide topic ideas for new content development to the team’s outreach efforts.
- Assist with marketing events, logistics and other marketing operations or projects where help is needed.
- BA/BS degree in marketing, economics, business administration, statistics, or psychology.
- 3-5 years of market research experience. Preference given to those with a B2B/ services background.
- Self-starter and ability to keep up with fast pace at a start-up.
- Independent thinker with little need for constant direction on daily responsibilities.
- Experience executing market research and analysis. Candidate must have a passion for understanding the end-user and marketing, with a knack for gathering insights and ‘finding the answers.’
- Experience analyzing large data sets. Analytical mindset and attention to detail.
- Must possess a strong drive for results. Candidate will be process-driven and methodically-oriented to getting projects done and not leaving stones unturned.
- Possess a business-owner vs. researcher mindset, being motivated and vested in the big picture impact of insights and findings.
- Outstanding written and communication skills with the ability to interact and present professionally and in an organized manner, using data to inform all findings.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to keep up with aggressive timelines.
- Not a typical 9-5’er. Prioritization of work responsibilities is required.