Measure is the nation’s leading Drone as a Service® company. We provide turnkey solutions to acquire, process, and deliver actionable aerial data to enterprise customers. Measure leverages best-in-class technology to outfit its fleet of drones and highly trained pilots to perform operations that are without exception safe, legal, and insured. We employ a team of dedicated data engineers to ensure that the data products being delivered to our customers provide intelligence that adds value to their business. We don’t make drones. We make drones work.
We are seeking responsible aviation professionals who can pilot our growing Small Unmanned Aircraft System (sUAS) fleet while exercising sound judgment and strict flight discipline. This current post is targeted to sUAS pilots who have experience with energy infrastructure inspections. All applicants must have a Part 107 Remote Pilot in Command Certificate with sUAS Rating. The ideal candidate should also have a pilot’s license, previous fixed wing and rotor wing UAV/RC piloting experience, current biennial flight review, medical certificate and be willing to travel to locations that our customers desire for short periods of time. Preference for Veteran applicants. Candidates must reside in the Southern California area.
• Conduct pre-mission planning with Measure’s customers in a professional and courteous manner and serve as the face of the company on the ground providing superior customer service.
• Possess a thorough understanding of the capabilities, limitations, sensor payloads and data processing that the operator is qualified in type.
• Develop flight plans, check NOTAMS, check weather and coordinate airspace integration with any effected controlling agencies or privately owned properties.
• Facilitate pre-mission briefs, complete safety risk assessment prior to flight and after action reviews upon post-flight.
• Perform limited sUAS and ground support equipment troubleshooting.
• Solve problems on the ground in real-time and deliver acquired data in a timely manner to the customer.
• Strict compliance with all FAA Part 107 sUAS rules and regulations.
• Strict compliance with all policies and procedures in Measure’s Air Operations Manual.
Required Qualifications & Skills:
• Hold either an airline transport, commercial, private, recreational, or sport pilot certificate.
• Hold a Part 107 Remote Pilot in Command Certificate with sUAS Rating.
• Hold or be able to obtain a current FAA airman medical certificate.
• Hold or obtain a Biennial Flight Review.
• Hobby or professional experience with large fixed wing or medium size rotor wing remote piloted aircraft or drones highly preferred.
• Current pilot and UAS logs required and should be included in resume.
• Knowledge of civilian airspace and aeronautical charts.
• Ability to manage small teams and/or work independently.
• Ability to travel for 1-4 week periods.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Unquestionable ethics and commitment to excellence.
• Fluency in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Flexibility in the face of obstacles and a sense of humor.